SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE THAT I HAD TO WATCH IT TWICE TO MAKE SURE I GOT EVERYTHING!!! This is when things start getting good – only two episodes to go this season! I know I took a little break in my recaps, but I had to feel the weight of the world for a while before going back to the MCU. Everything still feels heavy. But we all need a little escapism in our lives.
- Souza talks to the truck driver from a couple episodes ago – the guy who Peggy tied to a chair – and he positively identifies Peggy from a photograph.
- Peggy tries to convince Angie not to quit trying to be an actress, but Angie doesn’t take her advice immediately. Later, she does.
- Peggy and Jarvis are in the diner when Peggy starts recognizing agents from Washington DC who must be there for her. She beats a bunch of them up, escapes to the alley, knocks out Chad Michael Murray, and gets away from Souza.
- Meanwhile, Dottie the Russian Spy goes to an interview with a dentist, where he hits on her and she kills him.
- Also meanwhile, the Russian psychologist that Peggy and the Howling Commandos rescued in the last episode is still in the boss’s office. He opens the window while talking about New York architecture but is doing Morse code on the windowsill at the same time. Why? Because Dottie the Russian Spy is across the street looking through a scope. The Russian psychologist says he needs more time – his brainwashing is taking longer than expected – but that the new directive is to kill Peggy Carter. Great, cool.
- So Peggy returns to the Griffith so she can get Steve’s blood. CMM and Souza show up almost immediately, so she has to go out on the ledge outside her window. After Angie gives a FABULOUS performance, Peggy is rescued by Angie, who agrees to help her get out of the city.
- While Peggy is trying to make her escape, she’s stopped by Dottie, who kisses her with her own poison lipstick and knocks her out. Dottie has a knife out and is ready to kill Peggy, but then CMM and Souza show up and arrest her.
- Peggy is paraded through the Griffith in handcuffs, where she sees Dottie and DEF knows that Dottie is one of those Russian spy girls. Then Peggy is paraded through the office and into an interrogation room.
- Meanwhile, the Russian psychologist is put in a room with some poor dude name Yoach, who he brainwashes immediately. Yoach shows him the building exits, then takes himself to a bar to get a nice whiskey. Then he steps into traffic and is hit by a truck.
- Peggy says she can explain everything… AND THEN THE EPISODE ENDS!!
Same spot! They’re just back from the last episode, where CMM and Peggy go overseas to work with the Howling Commandos.
Connections and Easter Eggs
Steve’s blood! You know, as in Steve Rogers, aka Captain America.
Likes and Dislikes
Likes: Peggy. Angie. Souza’s obvious compassion.
Dislikes: Basically everything?? Things look so bad for Peggy right now! And that Yoach guy is probs dead!
A reminder of the rating scale:
- Red = Couldn’t even get through it
- Orange = Ugh, no thank you
- Yellow = I mean, I’ve seen worse, but there were problems
- Green = This was good!
- Blue = Oh my gosh, I loved this movie/show!
- Purple = This is the unicorn of movies/shows and I will be rewatching it until Disney+ starts asking questions and EVERYONE should be watching it!
This was SO GOOD. I’m very excited to keep going and wrap up this season! I’m giving Season 1, Episode 6 a BLUE rating!
Higher, further, faster, baby!