What is the Pondathon?
The Pondathon is a co-operative and story-driven readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of the Pondathon is to read books and collect points to protect the friends over at The Quiet Pond from the encroaching malevolent forces that threaten our friends in the forest.
Have fun participating in the Pondathon readathon by joining one of five teams, each with a unique way to collect points and signing up! You can also follow the story of the Pondathon as it unfolds, and participants can also complete ‘side quests’ during the readathon to collect extra points. The readathon takes place from January 24th 2020 to March 7th 2020. More information about the readathon can be found here.
Information about Joining the Pondathon
- To join the Pondathon, simply sign up anytime between January 18th 2020 to March 5th 2020.
- Choose a team, create your own animal character for the Pondathon and create a character card!
- Create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#Pondathon’ in the title or your tweet. Share the character you have created and your character card!
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond or @artfromafriend on Twitter or Instagram in all your updates! We’d love to see all of the beautiful and awesome characters that you create!
My Pond Character
My Pond Character is called Snark&Squee, and she’s a little reader bee! Snark&Squee is a member of Team Gen, who is all about reading backlist books! Snark&Squee is going to read as many backlist books as she can during the readathon, and her points are going to help protect the Pond from the evil that is threatening everyone there.
My Pondathon TBR
The Pondathon runs from January 24th through March 7th, which is a whole 6 weeks! I’m hoping to average a book each week for the readathon, and I’m probably going to mix and match in a couple different series in that time. So without further ado, here’s my Pondathon TBR:
- A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- Dusk Until Dawn by Andie J. Christopher
- A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole
- Break of Day by Andie J. Christopher
- Accidentally in Love with the Pilot by Teri Anne Stanley
- Before Daylight by Andie J. Christopher
- Night and Day by Andie J. Christopher
You can see that I’m going to be starting to work through some romance series during the Pondathon! I’m pumped about it.
I’m pretty excited for this one to start! Who else is participating in Pondathon? Anyone else on Team Gen?