Happy New Year! I’m about two weeks late in announcing I’m participating in the #StartOnYourShelfathon, but I HAVE been only reading books I already have on my (Kindle) shelf since the starting date, so I’m going to count it as having already started! I’m super excited about this one, mostly because it’s for the WHOLE YEAR and I can tie in some other reading goals that I have for the year as well!
You can read about the readathon by following this lovely link back to The Quiet Pond.
I want to get right into my reading goals for the year, so let’s just dive in!
Marie’s Reading Goals for 2020
The theme of 2020 is going to be ROMANCE, and I want to LEAN ALL THE WAY IN. I’m going to be keeping track of my reading progress on this 2020 Readathon page, so you can always track me over there, but here’s what I have planned for the year, generally:
- Read ONLY books I already own, as of January 1, 2020 (today!).
- Read a bunch of series I’ve been meaning to read.
- Finish a bunch of series I’ve been meaning to finish.
And that’s the long and short of it, folks! But because I know you’re reallllllllly here for the TBR, you’ve got yourself a deal, here you go:
Series I want to read
- The Four Hundred series by Joanna Shupe
- The Happy Endings series by Zoey Castille
- The Old West series by Beverly Jenkins
- The Whiskey Sharp series by Lauren Dane
- The Academy series by Tessa Bailey
- The Rogues Redeemed series by Mary Jo Putney
- The Ones Who Got Away series by Roni Loren
- The Girl Meets Duke series by Tessa Dare
Other books I want to read
- Savor You by Kristen Proby (which would finish the Fusion series)
- Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai (which would finish the Forbidden Hearts series)
- Dusk Until Dawn by Andie J. Christopher
- Break of Day by Andie J. Christopher
- Before Daylight by Andie J. Christopher
- Night and Day by Andie J. Christopher
- All Hours by Andie J. Christopher (all of which would finish the One Night in South Beach series)
- Muffin Top by Avery Flynn
- Tomboy by Avery Flynn (both of which would finish the Hartigans series – although I never reviewed Butterface, so I might reread that one too!)
- Necessary Roughness by Julie Brannagh
- Falling for You by Charlotte Blake
- Approximately Yours by Julie Hammerle
- A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- Accidentally in Love with a Pilot by Teri Anne Stanley
- The Heiress He’s Been Waiting For by Kaitlin O’Riley
- The Irish Heiress by Kaitlin O’Riley
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
- The Aussie Next Door by Stefanie London
- She’s Got Game by Laura Heffernan
- Arctic Heat by Annabeth Albert
Other, More Abstract Goals
- Be more critical of diversity in romance, because it’s waaaaayyyy too white and that needs to change to be more like life
- Write at least one review per week
- Indulge in romance for as long as I’m loving it, and take breaks if I need to
- Return to recapping Veronica Mars (I didn’t forget, I just got busy and tired)
- Be happier, write more, read well, and enjoy each day
Like I said, you’ll be able to follow my 2020 reading goals on this page!
What are your reading goals for 2020? Is anyone else participating in the #StartOnYourShelfathon?