Another Romance Monday has arrived! Welcome back, everyone. 🙂 This week, I’m talking about the third book in the Big Rock series, Well Hung by Lauren Blakely. Up until this point, the books were holding steady in terms of quality, and this one continues that trajectory. So let’s get into it!
Wyatt Hammer, twin brother of Nick Hammer from Mister O, owns a construction business, where he often does high-priced renovations for New York’s uppercrust. After Spencer and Charlotte (from Big Rock)’s wedding, Wyatt hired Natalie Rhodes, Charlotte’s sister, to help keep him organized and keep the company running smoothly. They end up on a trip to Vegas, where one of their New York clients asks them to participate in a kitchen renovation. When the deal falls through, Wyatt and Natalie… get drunk and get married?
Yes. That’s what happens. And while the plot sounds a bit ridiculous, it’s actually really well done! But you’ll have to read it to find out for yourself.
3 Things I Loved
- Natalie. She’s a strong, organized woman, and Wyatt wisely realizes that his company would never survive without her now that it has her. Plus, even though she wants Wyatt, she keeps things completely professional (until the whole drunk-and-get-married thing). She’s a great character, and I was rooting for her from the beginning.
- Wyatt. Aside from the stupid monologue about being “well hung” at the very beginning, Wyatt is relatable, and I enjoyed that he decided he wanted to go into construction even after college and the whole thing. It was his passion, and he pursued it. Can’t fault him for that! In fact, I love him for that.
- Charlotte. Of all of the side characters present in this book, Charlotte was my favorite to pop back in. We hadn’t seen a lot of her since Big Rock, and I loved her then. She gives Natalie some excellent advice, and voila! Well, not really, but I still loved her.
All the heterosexual white people, STILL. This is BOOK THREE. ADD SOME DIVERSITY.
Also, it’s very strange to me that Charlotte’s sister and Spencer’s sister ended up with… twins. That’s weird, right? Maybe I’m overthinking it. Nick and Wyatt are great, I just think that’s a little odd.
A reminder of the rating scale:
- Red = DNF, I hated everything
- Orange = Ugh, no thank you
- Yellow = I mean, I’ve read worse, but there were problems
- Green = This was good!
- Blue = Oh my gosh, I loved this book!
- Purple = This is the unicorn of books and I will be rereading it until the binding falls apart and EVERYONE should be reading it!
I’m going to stick with my trend for this series and give Well Hung a GREEN rating. Still loving these characters and this series!
What are you reading on this Romance Monday?