Hey hey, it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by That Artsy Reader Girl! Yay! I’ve loved making it a (semi) regular post on this blog! As a born people pleaser and Midwesterner, this topic was a little difficult for me at first. I hate throwing out names of things I didn’t love. Buuuuut, I reminded myself, I’ve already reviewed most of these books in a not-super-positive light, so it’s all already out there. Ha. Anyway, let’s get to some book regret, shall we?
Now, because this is such a unique topic, I’m going to include a one-sentence explanation for why the book appears on this list after every one. Here we go!
Top 10 Books I Can’t Believe I Read
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover. The writing was so bad.
- Nighttime is My Time by Mary Higgins Clark. DUMBEST BOOK I’VE EVER READ.
- Chemistry Lessons by Meredith Goldstein. Scientists can’t do testing on humans without IRB approval, so don’t come at me with a whole book based on that nonsense.
- Haven by Mary Lindsey. I can’t stand behind idiotic narrators making stupid choices.
- The Nerd’s Guide to Being Confident by Mark Manson. AKA I’m a white man, listen to me talk about my privilege.
- Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza. Don’t you dare make exercising look like a thing only bored stay-at-home moms obsess over. Some of us do it because we love it. GTFO with that.
- Woman No. 17 by Edan Lepucki. Everyone is terrible.
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. THAT PLOT TWIST WAS AWFUL.
- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Emotional abuse does not equal love, Travis.
- Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. AKA nothing bad has ever happened to you, but you wrote a book anyway.
No pictures. No tags. That’s what you get! *laugh cry face*
What books are on your list? Let me know in the comments, I’m curious!