Happy Hump Day – it’s Top 5 Wednesday! As a reminder, Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly roundup of cool/fun bookish things that is hosted by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes on YouTube. You can visit the Goodreads group for topics (and such, as Sam always says). This was a fun one for me! I have never really thought about books that bend genres, but I’m thinking about it now! I didn’t realize how many books could be considered genre benders that were already on my ‘Read’ list on Goodreads. So anyway, here we go!
Top 5 Genre Bending Books (that I read in 2017)
- Things We Lost in the Fire by Mariana Enriquez (Horror + Magical Realism)
- When You Read Me by Rebecca Stead (Contemporary + Science Fiction)
- This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada (Science Fiction + Dystopian)
- Never Apart by Romily Bernard (Contemporary + Fantasy)
- All the Wind in the World by Samantha Mabry (Dystopian + Magical Realism)
What are your favorite genre bending books? What do you think of my choices?