Happy Hump Day – it’s Top 5 Wednesday! As a reminder, Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly roundup of cool/fun bookish things that is hosted by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes on YouTube. You can visit the Goodreads group for topics (and such, as Sam always says). I interpreted this topic a little differently than I’m sure a lot of people will, because I don’t read horror. It freaks me out too much, and reading is supposed to be fun. So! This topic has become sort of my own thing – creepy settings in books that aren’t creepy on their own. Anyway, you’ll see!
Top 5 Creepy Settings (in Non-Horror Books)
- Every setting in Things We Lost in the Fire by Mariana Enriquez [review]
- Wonderland in Alice: The Wonderland Chronicles by J.M. Sullivan [review]
- Kos in Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi [review]
- Cartaxus headquarters in This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada
- Real Marvelous in All the Wind in the World by Samantha Mabry [review]
I can think of more, but I know there’s another similar topic coming up closer to Halloween itself, so I’ll save the rest of my picks. What do you think? What settings have creeped you out?
The cover art for Alice really drives home the creepy vibe! Going to be adding it to my TBR! Great list!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! Alice is so fun – I definitely recommend! ❤