Hey hey, it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish, and I’ve loved making it a regular post on this blog! This week, we’re talking about the best book boyfriends and girlfriends, and I’m going to tell you, I go both ways on this one. Meaning about half on this list are boys and half are girls. Because you know what? I like variety in my books. And I like love stories. And I’m trying to read diversely. And have I mentioned I like love stories? All of them. All the love.
Anyway, so these are in no particular order, because ranking them would be cruel. Oh, and it’s the boyfriend/girlfriend of that particular main character, which I’ll try to explain briefly for each one.
Without further ado…
Top 10 Book Boyfriends and Girlfriends
- Jamie in The Last of August. So it’s debatable whether Jamie and Charlotte are actually dating in this book, but I think it counts. Jamie is Charlotte’s partner. It’s that simple. There is no one else out there for her, and I love reading that. (And I think The Case for Jamie is going to break my damn heart.) [Read my review here.]
- Rishi in Labyrinth Lost. Um, hi, is there anything cuter than Rishi and Alex in this book? Rishi literally jumped into another world for Alex. Enough said. [Read my review here.]
- Chris in The Hate U Give. He’s the sweetest, and his love for Starr warmed my cold, dead heart. [Read my review here.]
- Eva in How to Make a Wish. Heart eyes for days when I was reading about Grace and Eva. [Read my review here.]
- Cash in Done Dirt Cheap. *<CAVEAT>* I know that the age difference thing squicked some people out, but I found Cash to be a true romantic hero (in the romance novel sense). *</CAVEAT>* He was broody and yet open with Tourmaline and I loved him. [Read my review here.]
- Mary Carlson in Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit. Again, is there anything sweeter than the love Mary Carlson and Joanna had for each other? Ugh, OTP, all the hearts. [Review coming at some point!]
- Braden in On the Fence. Going from brother figure to love interest isn’t easy, and Braden didn’t handle it perfectly. But he was cute and sweet to Charlie and loved her for who she was. I loved them. I loved him. [Read my review here.]
- Calamity in Sovereign. Some people said that they didn’t see Calamity and Dreadnought’s relationship coming, but like, ARE YOU BLIND?? I saw this coming a mile away, and I WAS THERE FOR IT 100%. [Read my review here.]
- Jamie in Starfish. He was flawed and he made mistakes, but he is Kiko’s other half and they both know it. And the way he learned about her social anxiety and did whatever he could to make her comfortable? The sweetest. [Read my review here.]
- Kit in Come Back to Me. I’m still all achy from this book. Jessa and Kit were perfect, and he went slow with her and was gentle with her but was also loving and fierce and protective and now I’m achy all over again. [Read my review here.]
Okay, so, now that I’m in a puddle on the floor after talking about my OTPs, please tell me what you think! Who are your faves? Do you agree or disagree with any of mine?