Hey hey, it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish, and I’ve been participating since the beginning of July or so – I’m happy that it’s becoming a regular weekly post on this here blog. This week is about books I’ve recently put down, which was kind of a tough one for me! I NEVER used to stop reading books, even if I hated them – I’d just force myself to push through. Read the end of this post to see what I’m going to do to change that. 🙂
10 Books I’ve Recently Put Down
- Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard*
- Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World by Kelly Jensen*
- In One Person by John Irving
- Create Your Writer’s Platform by Chuck Sambuchino*
- The Witches by Stacy Schiff*
- Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco*
- Get It Together, Delilah! by Erin Gough
- The Football Girl by Thatcher Heldring
- Before Everything by Victoria Redel
*I plan on going back to these! Either other books got in the way or I was temporarily bored and need to return at a different time.
I’m kind of new to putting books down – I used to schlep through things I hated just to finish. But, from this day on, if I’m not hooked by page 50, I’m out. I don’t have time for (subjectively) boring books.