Happy Hump Day – it’s Top 5 Wednesday! As a reminder, Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly roundup of cool/fun bookish things that is hosted by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes on YouTube. You can visit the Goodreads group for topics (and such, as Sam always says). This topic was super fun for me, because I didn’t truly join the online book community until last year, so LOTS of books qualify for this one. It was hard to narrow it down to 5! But I tried, so here we go.
Top 5 Books from Before I Joined the Online Book Community
- Everest trilogy by Gordon Korman. This was my favorite trilogy in high school. I haven’t read it in years, but my copies are still all kinds of worn out.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I was on Tumblr when the first movie came out, but the obsession was more about Josh Hutcherson than it was about the books.
- The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Another high school favorite. I almost cried when I met Jodi Picoult last fall and asked her to sign my copy, because this book got me through a lot.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This was my first John Green, before I understood the problems with his work. At the time, I was all about this book, long before the movie.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. A post-college fave, when things in my life were turbulent, when my depression sometimes got the better of me. I needed this book then. And it still holds up pretty well now.
What do you think of my choices? I can’t wait to see what others think!