Hey everyone! I’m doing a couple of fun things in August that I wanted to chat about today!
First, as you’ll see in the picture for this post, I’m organizing a fun hashtag on Instagram (you can follow me @amandareadsandwrites) where we post our alphabetical book titles. I’m calling it #AlphabetAugust! I’ve gotten some questions about how clear this is, so here’s the breakdown – on August 1st, we’re starting with books that begin with A – like, Alex, Approximately, A Map for Wrecked Girls, And I Darken, and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (to name a few in my very first picture that I can’t wait to post). Then August 2nd is books that begin with B, and so on. I love taking pictures of books and I’m super excited about this! I hope y’all will join me. 🙂
The other fun thing I’m doing is participating in #ARCAugust, where readers and bloggers tackle their ARC TBRs and chat about them on social media (hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat). Doesn’t that sound great? I often need some accountability, or my reading goes off the rails (contemporary romance always starts as a palate cleanser, and then all of a sudden I’ve read five of them). Here’s what I have on the docket for this month! I have the lofty goal of trying to get through ten ARCS in August, but we’ll see how it goes. (The chances of me reaching that is are slim, but here we are.)
My #ARCAugust TBR
- Sovereign by April Daniels (release date July 25)
- Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge (release date June 13)
- Before Everything by Victoria Redel (release date June 27)
- Compromised in Paradise by Samanthe Beck (release date August 28)
- Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi (release date October 31)
- Make Me Want by Rebecca Brooks (release date August 28)
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (release date September 26)
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by FC Lee (release date August 8)
- A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor (release date August 15)
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller (release date August 29)
You’ll see I have a nice spread of past ARCs I haven’t gotten to yet, August releases, and upcoming and highly anticipated books. I’m super excited to dive in, but I have some other books to finish first in preparation for my first author appearance! I need more time in the day.
Tuesday is going to be the beginning of something super fun, that’s for sure! I hope you enjoy following along. 🙂